The Phoenix BLACK is the new updated microwave ashing system from CEM. Microwave ashing has a lot of advantages:
Discover all the new features:
Fast and Efficient
- The Phoenix Black can perform ash analysis 10 times faster than a traditional muffle furnace, allowing you to respond more quickly to changes in the production process.
- Ramp to temperature in minutes.
- One-step ashing, complete pre-ash inside furnace without the need for a Bunsen burner.
- Temperature verification and calibration for ISO and GLP practices are quickly and easily performed with a NIST traceable thermocouple.
- IQ/OQ/PQ service available for turnkey validation and audit traceability.
- Meets all requirements for methods that specify “electrically heated” furnaces or “microwave heated” furnaces.
- Active ventilation keeps the lab free from soot and odors. No need to use a fume cabinet!
- Patented quartz fiber crucibles cool to the touch in seconds.
- Integrated sensors hold cavity door open when furnace door is removed or when overheating occurs.
Easy to use
- Thanks to the touchscreen it’s easy to start or program methods with automatic start time and temperature ramps.
- Available as a workstation pair with balance and printer or PC for automatic results – no more manual calculations needed.
- The Phoenix BLACK can use any type of crucible that may be used in a conventional muffle furnace, including platinum.
- The Phoenix BLACK is available with your choice of either a high temperature or a high capacity furnace.
High Temperature Furnace
- Heats up to 1200 °C
- Holds up to 8 (20/50 mL) or 5 (100 mL) Quartz Fiber Crucibles.
High Capacity Furnace
- Heats up to 1000 °C
- Holds up to 15 (20/50 mL) or 12 (100 mL) Quartz Fiber Crucibles.